There was significant press and media interest in the Southfields public meeting held on 12 September 2024. Here are a selection of the articles:
1. Daily Express 14 September: "Wimbledon planning 'tennis Disneyland' with 38 courts but local residents furious".
2. The Times 14 September: "Wimbledon organisers ridiculed for expansion meeting no-show One unhappy attendee described the plans for a new 8,000-capacity stadium and 38 grass courts as a ‘tennis Disneyland’" ( paywall)
3. Daily Telegraph 14 September: "Furious Wimbledon residents to protest against All England Club’s ‘Disneyland’ expansion plans"
4. Daily Mail 14th September: "Wimbledon plans for 'tennis Disneyland' with 38 courts and new 8,000-seat stadium slammed by angry residents... as All England Club chiefs decline to attend public planning and a racket is placed on empty chair":
5. WimbledonSW19.com 22nd Sept: "Huge turnout for meeting on Wimbledon Park proposals: Over 300 people gathered in Southfields church to discuss AELTC plan"